Political Postings...

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu May 24 13:15:22 UTC 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001 08:22:45 -0400, you wrote:

> Last I checked, it was my right to write code and give it away for free...I
> believe this was well established by the first amendment to the US
> Constitution in 1791.  The second amendment gives me the right to defend the
> first.  The seventh amendment ensures that a jury (not a judge) has final
> authority whether or not I have violated common law...in this case regarding
> itellectually property possessed by Microsoft.

Everyone,

This is the second political-leaning posting to the Squeak list in as
many days... Issues like this, when discussed on mailing lists have a
tendency to make good people say stupid things, and flame wars start,
and in general results in a lot of bad community feelings.

I really don't want to see our Squeak community torn apart by the
strong positions that people have on political and religious issues.
If you're a Squeak programmer, I don't care what your political or
religious beliefs are. I don't want to talk about them or even read
about them. In person, sure. On the list, no way.

Let's just not go there...

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com