[ENH] B3D Acceleration for X

Joshua Channing Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Sun May 20 01:26:12 UTC 2001

Hi Bert,

BIG THANKS to you and Andreas for this treat!

It works great up to an extent of about 565 at 539, but bogs down after that.
I suspect it's due to VRAM limitations on my current card.  It might be
time for new hardware...

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 02:30:29AM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> this is the X specific part for Andreas' new B3DAcceleratorPlugin.
>
> When you compiled it (extract into src dir, configure, make), put
> B3DAcceleratorPlugin.so into the current directory where you start Squeak
> from.  The VM is lacking two exports so you need to change
> platform.exports before compiling a new VM (see NOTES). See Squeak3D.log
> for errors.

When I did the 'extract,configure,make', it generated a VM, but not a
B3DAcceleratorPlugin.so (there are a .lo and a .la).  How did you generate
this?  (I worked around by using your precompiled version)

Thanks, fellows,
Joshua