mail dropout :-(

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed May 30 21:43:42 UTC 2001

For what it's worth, I haven't experienced any dropouts.  (I even received the OSProcess emails that many folks didn't get.)  I'm not sure if there's any logic to who's getting dropouts... perhaps people who have been on the list a shorter time have more dropouts?  (I'm guessing there's an ordered email list on the UIUC server (the order may be random), and people toward the bottom of the list may be less likely to receive email if things get bogged down.  Or maybe not. :) )

In any case, given the email list problems that many people have, and the lack of any list administrator, I think it's probably high time to move the list off the UIUC server.  This email from a couple of weeks ago backs this up:

Perhaps I will raise this as a possible short-term project on the Squeak Foundation list.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com