latest and greatest iPAQ Squeak?

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Wed May 2 12:40:51 UTC 2001

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 09:45:46PM -0700, Tim Rowledge wrote:

[snip]

> e) logged out of gnome (good grief what piece of garbage _that_ is)
> after much hassle

WindowMaker all the way, baby! :)

[snip]

> Anyway, the webpage is
> <URL:http://www.netwinder.org/~scottb/notes/FP-Notes.html> and I hope
> one of you might have bit more luck. Why nobody on the NW
> team/newsgroups could have pointed us to this when I first reported the
> problem months ago, I don't know. Assuming of course that it actually
> has anything whatsoever to do with the problem.

Wow, thanks Tim!   This certainly is interesting...I wonder how it will
affect performance?  Do you know if this affects the infamous optimization
bug at all?  There still doesn't seem to be any solution to the optimization
problem...the build machines I use have been upgraded to GCC 2.95.3 and
the bug is more insidious on this version of GCC (it doesn't fail to
assemble as before...it compiles happily and then segfaults when run).