the "script manager" in Stable Squeak

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 25 16:08:43 UTC 2001

Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at d.umn.edu> wrote:
> A script manager would be very nice, as far as the work I do.  I'm doing
> some data analysis, and I happen to have a bunch of scripts (in a
> traditional perl or awk sense) that I've just got thrown as class methods
> on a class. A script manager would seem a more natural fit than this.

Forgive me, but I just don't see it.  Since I'm flatly outnumbered, I'll
drop it after this.  I can possibly see a benefit for people with ENVY.
And I can see the benefit for people who insist on dumping Morphic, even
though that's an extreme tactic IMHO (is it even "Squeak" without
Morphic?).  But still, if you just want to organize a few "scripts",
class methods seem excellent, and so do hyperlinked projects and
BookMorph's.

But to each their own.  Script Manager is clearly a good system.

Lex