Squeak Mac VM (Requests for 3.0.17?)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue May 22 23:30:22 UTC 2001

Hi, I'm going to be building a new mac VM in a few days. If anyone
has issues or problems with the current 3.0.16 mac VM please let me
know. Crashes etc are of course not acceptable, but one must let me
know....

So if anyone has any requests (that won't take too long to do) please
let me know.

Thanks.

Also I will be looking at building the 3D Acceleration as an internal
plugin, because of this I will only build a PowerPC VM which is a
departure from building a FAT (PPC/68K) application. However I will
build a separate 68K VM for those who depend on it, but I think the
days are past when we need to worry about 68K machines as part of the
hot off the press 3.x distribution. I will also be looking closely at
Tim's VM maker to assist in managing this code fork since by
introducing OpenGL we start introducing powerpc only features for
which we must now mange a separate code base, let alone the fact I've
carbon specific features and the browser plugin to manage.