Squeak Release Numbers (was Re: Squeak3.1a-3960.zip)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun May 13 12:17:09 UTC 2001

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 01:29:32PM -0700, Lantz Rowland wrote:
> At 10:38 am 5/1/01, Bruce ONeel wrote:
>
> What I suggest is this. Create a folder for Squeak 3.2 right now . Put a
> ReadMe.txt document in the 3.2 folder to explain the Squeak Revision number
> and reference our documentation to those who read it.  I've taken one shot
> at an explanation below that you and the list (perhaps we have a Tech
> Writer) can refactor and rephrase.

Aside from any debates about release number policy, I think that your
example ReadMe.txt is excellent and would be quite helpful for many
current users of Squeak as well as newbies. Could you please put it on
the swiki somewhere? Thanks!

(Minor editorial input: "in it's image and changes files" should be
"in its image and changes files". "It's" is a contraction for "it is.")

Dave