Squeak on Cassiopeia PocketPCs

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Mon May 7 20:24:33 UTC 2001

> > Has anyone ported/run a reasonably uptodate Squeak on A Casio Csasiopeia
> > PocketPC? There seems to be a firesale on some of them 'round here, so I'm
> > tempted to try one out.
>
> I own an E-105G (MIPS R4000 processor, 32 MB, WindowsCE 2.11) and perhaps
> would also upgrade from 2.7 to a more current Squeak image if someone builds
> a new VM.

  I build those VMs based on 3.1 alpha3 source tree.  They
are found at:

http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/iPAQ/
       Squeak3.1Alpha3-PalmsizePC-MIPS-VM.exe.gz
and    Squeak3.1Alpha3-PocketPC-MIPS-VM.exe.gz

  I have E-105 here and I tested it works ok.  However, I
don't have E-700, presumably what Bijan is talking about.
It should work, though I'm not 100% confident about that.

> Sources for WindowsCE are included in the normal Windows
> VM source distribution but I have not yet tried to build a
> VM from that.

  Unfortunately, it needs some tweak to compile the source
distribution for WinCE devices.  Based on Ned's and other
peoples work, the source tree for WinCEs is found at the
same directory above.

  Hope this helps,

-- Yoshiki