Design Principles Behind Smalltalk

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon May 28 04:16:05 UTC 2001

Gary wrote:

> Message answer = Nil ??? :O)
> Gary

Ahem. Well, I can't directly answer the question. But "Future Work" in
the context of Smalltalk might be taken to imply Self (or Squeak ;-) ).
"Have other aspects of human thought been identified as metaphors?"
Might be taken to imply either hermeneutics or cognitive psychology or
both. There has been some discussion around this on the Self Interest
list (it's archived at yahoo). You might find that some of the threads
by or references by Albertina Lourenci (whose field is architectural
ecosystems) are of use. Be warned: these threads are extremely free form
and wide ranging in their references. Certainly when I encounter a 3 way
discussion between Albertina, Jecel Assunpcao Jr and David Ungar, I feel
well humbled!

Cheers

John

Incidentally, trying to reply directly to your posting crashed Netscape:
are you doing something wierd in Outlook with formatting?

Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."