Squeakland plugin on Linux [was: Re: Squeakland.org]

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue May 8 19:58:11 UTC 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Ned Konz wrote:

> Works under Konqueror 2.1.1

Great!

> Segfaults under Mozilla 0.9 (which is newly out).

Does it crash immediately? Here Moz 0.8 loads the blue "loading project"
morph and crashes after this.

Btw, can there be a plugins folder somewhere in ~/.mozilla?

> Under Netscape 4.76, I get an error box that says:
> A plugin for the mime type text/plain was not found

Strange. On what server did you try this? Is the Squeak plugin mentioned
in the about:plugins list?

A question: with all that other browsers around, should I move the squeak
directory out of ~/.netscape into, say, ~/.npsqueak? And, should I rename
the "squeakvm" to, say, "npsqueak.bin" to make it stick out in the process
list?

-- Bert