SqC, StSq & SqF (I love acronyms!)

Paul McDonough wnchips at home.com
Wed May 23 19:05:32 UTC 2001

Dan Ingalls wrote:

[...]
>  This could be the first official project of SqF, if the StSq folks see themselves as the forerunners of SqF and not an independent and opposing effort.<

Well, count one Squeaker who thinks it'd be incredibly silly for SqF and
StSq to 'oppose' one another ... and I don't think that's in anyone's
mind anyway.

What's needed is solid collaboration and coordination (via discussion
and sharing) amongst SqC, SqF, StSq, and for that matter Camp Smalltalk
and a host of other Squeak/Smalltalk oriented projects.  An attempt to
unify SqC, SqF, and StSq under a single structure would however, imho,
be a serious mistake.  The blue plane and the pink plane must each fly
free, albeit cognizant of the other.  More prosaically, each of the 2~n
'threads' can benefit greatly by reaping the efforts of the others, and
yet more prosaically who in the world would want to take on the sheer
managerial task of driving them all.

Alliance can be so-o-o-o much more powerful than union, sometimes.

</uninvited soapboxing>

Speakin' as a private citizen, etc., etc.
Paul