Squeak plugin and OS-X

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat May 5 08:51:01 UTC 2001

Some of you might recall that Steve Jobs said we could port
applications to Carbon in about an hour, or was that a few days?

So Wednesday night I took an hour to port the Squeak plugin to
Carbon. Mind I had a few problems with the Netscape headers. So
tonight I downloaded the Fizzilla (the carbon verson of Mozilla) and
snatched the include files. These had the correct modifications for
Carbon which I needed but didn't want to spend hours on figuring out.
Of course Squeak does run as a carbon application so it's not as if I
had too much work to do.

Tonight I got IE 5.1 to load the plugin and run, but crash on the
full screen switch.

I also got OmniWeb to load the plugin and shortly crash on the
URLGetNotify call.

However this *is* progress. If anyone who has the developer toolkit
installed and wants to assist in debugging this please let me know.