Exception bug? (was Re: Can't get Squeak Plugin to work underLinux)

Paul McDonough wnchips at home.com
Mon May 7 14:17:21 UTC 2001

[self doSomethingErroneous]
	on: Error
	do: [^self]

... is supported (with/without arg in the do: block), although probably
the more "correct" (?) thing to do would be to use an outer handler (my
nil-checking being "ugly" too).  In similar code, I have seen behaviour
that suggests that ^-return might snarl up a nested ensure: (etc.), if
such exists on the stack.  But I don't use the right vm.  If your
results differ depending on whether or not (per Bob's suggestion) you
build an exception-friendly vm, then that's what's going on, and you
should use the vm Bob pointed out.  Tim tested the snot out of that
thing ...