Graphing, Concatenate strings, and misc questions

J Scott Jaderholm scott at jaderholm.com
Thu May 31 05:45:41 UTC 2001

Hi,

I need to write some software that listens to the serial port, inputs
a comma delimited list of values and then graphs them.

I've looked at the SerialPort code a bit so say once i read it in I
have '63,65,3,34,35,88,54cr32,33,34,43,22,23,22' any ideas on how I'd
change that into #(#(63 65 3 34 35 88 54) #(32 33 34 43 22 23 22)) or
where to look for hints or any code that does somethign similiar?

I wonder if there is something more advanced for graphing data than
GraphMorph?

Also, how can I create a new instance of GraphMorph but give it a name
or some way to reference it?

I can do New Morph > GraphMorph and get one but then I can't change
it's data or whatnot.  From browsing the class source I don't see any
way to create a new one and have it display on the screen via code.

I was also unable to find a method that would concatenate two strings,
any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
jsj