Squeak textbox and events.

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Mon May 14 00:01:46 UTC 2001

	There is already a web browser in Squeak.  My observation was that if other
	things in Squeak migrated to a DOM model, and the browser were suitably
	modified, there would be a gain in functionality at minimum cost.

There are two things one might want to recommend:
A.   *an* object model for SGML/XML documents
B.   *the* W3C Document Object Model.

A is a good idea, B is a bad one.  I've had an article accepted by
O'Reilly on-line (still working on the referee's comments) saying at
length just what is so bad about it.  (There's so _much_...)

The W3C DOM is optimised to present Netscape's internal data structure
to a Javascript program that doesn't want to do very much with it.  If
Java programmers liked it much, the (as yet alpha state) JDOM would not
be growing so fast in popularity.