new libretto

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Tue May 8 13:59:18 UTC 2001

John Hinsley <jhinsley at telinco.co.uk> wrote...
>> Maybe Xerox should have done a copyright????
>
>I wonder if they need to have? I hear that Apple have been making legal
>noises at  the Kde crew over the idea of "themes" as intellectual
>property! I can't see that getting more than a belly laugh, but would
>have thought that Xerox would have a much better chance with dynabook.
>All proceedings to be settled out of court, naturally, and the money to
>be given to a charity.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've spent time running both a resort and a bottled water company where trademark issues came up frequently.

If it's true that they have been using the "dynabook" name for five years, then it would be nearly impossible to stop them now, unless there is already lots of pending litigation.

If you don't go after someone seriously and promptly, it becomes a tacit agreement that they are free to use the mark.

	- Dan