Keywords

Michael Guenter michael at kanazawa-h.ed.jp
Thu May 3 23:24:27 UTC 2001

Hello,

I am a Newbie (perhaps the ultimate newbie).  I am trying to learn Squeak
having no background in computer programming save that which I did with my
Texas Instruments computer when I was in High School 18 years ago (in
BASIC).

Where can I find a list of Keywords? (Commands).  I would like to have
Squeak automate some of the randomization tasks in my gaming (Trailblazers).

I am using the SAMEGAME code to learn from,  and mimic, but have not yet
discovered how to get Squeak to pick a random number or value? from a list
of possible values.  (I apologize for not even knowing the language to use
when referring to programming.)

JFYI, I am currently working my way through the following documents:

Squeak for Native Speakers
the Bank Tutorial
and the Werdna Squeak Quick Reference document.

For all I know, everything I need to know is in those documents, I just
cannot seem to find it.

Feel free to include a couple of lines of code.  I am not asking you to
write for me, but I do learn quickly with examples.  Thanks very much.

Hey, and btw, Squeak seems to be pretty darn cool!

Sincerely,
Michael Guenter
"I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard
enough to find your way around Chinatown."   Woody Allen