So, what am I missing here?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat May 12 01:29:07 UTC 2001

OK, I've filled in OSProcess-V2-1 and CommandWindow-V1-0. They both show
up in the ChangeSet browser. I've built UnixOSProcessPlugin.so by the
simple expedient of stuffing everything in the build directory and
doing:

gcc --shared -o UnixOSProcessPlugin.so UnixOSProcessPlugin.c
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H

And I've put UnixOSProcessPlugin.so in my home directory (where I
normally start Squeak from) and just about everywhere else I can think
of.

(Basically, following Bert's instructions)

In Squeak, in a workspace I type:

UnixProcess thisOSProcess command: 'ls -l'

or

UnixProcess  command: 'cal' highlight and hit Alt+d

and I get a modal dialog box with

"process accessor module not available"

Erm....  Do I have to tell Squeak to explicitly load the plug in? What
exactly do I have to do?

Cheers

John

Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."