Plugin Versioning Woes?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed May 2 20:46:49 UTC 2001

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Mark Guzdial wrote:
> >
> > There are already some versioning problems with the Squeak plugins,
> > it seems to me.  Our ImgEd Swiki and Equation Editor plugin for
> > Swikis are based on the U. Magdeburg plugin, which is incompatible
> > with the Squeakland plugin.  Already, some of the Squeaklets on Bob's
> > SuperSwiki only work with older Squeak versions.
>
> Welcome to world of forks ;-)
>
> Seriously, the plugin images have been trailing the mainstream Squeak
> versions for a while mainly because nobody has set up an update stream
> directed at them. Bert, Russel and I have setup plugin download pages
> but they never where maintained that well (at least mine wasn't :-( ).

Neither was mine. I removed the non-Unix downloads now from my page
because a can't keep track of them, and installed a pointer to Michael's
squeaklet.com instead. Hopefully I can find the time to bring the Unix
plugin up to date - I got no response from Ian about my latest changes yet
(see http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/1341.html).

Regarding the Squeakland stuff: It would be nice to make at least the
image downloadable now for not-yet-supported platforms. I cannot extract
the image from the proprietary installers :(

-- Bert