comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak ?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Mon May 28 02:14:12 UTC 2001

Fleeberz at aol.com wrote:
	"Everyone On This List" can simply consider the newsgroup as an
	additional source of information.

Nope.  (Except in the same sense that a district plan filed in an office at
Alpha Centauri is a source of information for people resident on Earth.)

My newsfeed has been essentially unusable for so long that I haven't read
news for over a year.  (Tried again last week.  Still unusable.)

I wish people would understand that additional places to have to look at
are BAD.  (Backups are a great idea.  100% identical duplicates are a good
idea.  But bits here and bits there are a great way to soak up lots of time,
having as much fun as if someone were slapping you with an octopus.)

I see no problem with the mailing list being copied to a newsgroup and vice
versa as long as it's absolutely 100% both ways.