Squeak for 3-year-olds

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue May 1 06:17:51 UTC 2001

Alan.Kay at disney.com said:
> Squeakland may not be detecting your machine and browser. There are
> plugins for Mac, PC, and *nixes.

Well, I removed the current version of the plugin, and it happily detects that
I'm on a Mac (while I am on Linux in fact). Replacing "mac" with "linux" in
the resulting URL gives me a Linux page with the message "click on the image
to download the plugin". Doing that, I'm redirected to a "notyet" page :-(.

Anyway, I managed to get a number of the projects going directly from Squeak
with Project class>>fromUrl:, but the one I'm most interested in (the
introduction for elementary school - AATopLevelProject) hangs Squeak
immediately upon loading (both 2.8 and 3.0 VM's with all the updates for 3.1);
the second-most interesting project (Animations) has all the subprojects
behind a password-protected FTP URL...

Guess I need to live in suspense for a little while :)

Regards,

Cees
--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>