web application frameworks in Squeak?

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri May 25 22:47:25 UTC 2001

Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> I like others am interested in server side Squeak.
>
> Just curious as too why Commanche is viewed as insufficient, or as to
> why Apache would be superior?
The trick is to have a choice: use Apache, use Comanche, or use
Squeak/Comanche as an add-on for a web site whatever works best. There
is so much stuff you can use when you are running Apache (e.g. SSL). Why
reinvent all that?

Just try to persuade a web master to get rid of his apache server and
run Comanche instead. But, you could probably persuade him to add
another module (Squeak/Comanche) to his configuration. This way you
don't have to fight a war, you just sneek Squeak in ;-)

Michael