SerialPort problem in UNIX Squeak 3.0 vm on FreeBSD

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue May 22 11:27:01 UTC 2001

> On Monday 21 May 2001 11:18, Peter William Lount wrote:
>
> > I've installed the UNIX Squeak 3.0 vm on a FreeBSD 4.3 box and I'm having
> > trouble using the SerialPort object. It simply does not read any data.
>
> Hmm... yes... I'm seeing the same thing on Linux. The port opens OK, but I
> never see any data. Looking at it with a debugger, the read call always
> returns EAGAIN.
>
> I wonder why...
>
> Is anyone successfully using the 3.0 Unix serial stuff? Jon?

Actually, I regularly use the SerialPort class on Linux but I haven't seen any
problems.  My classes usually run on the old 2.9a image, but I did a quick
port to 3.0 many months ago and it seemed to work okay for me...granted, it's
been a while and I haven't tried it on a recent 3.0/3.1 VM (too many other
things on my plate at the moment).