I have a dream

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Thu Nov 1 11:27:32 UTC 2001

I have a dream.

In my mind I would like to see many of the productivity type apps with a
high quality Squeak implementation.

Email, web-browser, word-processors, spreadsheets, PIM, etc.

At work I am on a WinME machine, at home LinuxBox, wife and children on
Macs.

Squeak supercedes the OS. Squeak can provide for reasonably seemless
transition from one OS to another. As anyone who has used computers for
any length of time can attest, OSes come OSes go. However Squeak can
remain because it can ride on the wave.

It would be nice if most of the truly important or critical apps were
Squeak based.

Anyone else share this dream. :)

Jimmie Houchin