iPAQ Squeak development usability ("Access vs. Media")

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Thu Nov 1 20:44:30 UTC 2001

	For what it's worth... I just noticed another virtual display utility
for WinCE, at www.nyditot.com. This one affords a virtual display of
arbitrary size up to 9999x9999 (!), in any of all four possible
orientations, with a quick way of viewing any arbitrary section at the
native screen resolution, and smooth scrolling.

	Now I've got more screen real estate on a handheld than I usually use
on any other machine (although I guess it's virtual estate, or perhaps
surreal estate. :)

-C

p.s.

	Of course...

-	This should probably be built-in to all windowing systems, especially
handheld ones.
-	Squeak could do this, and probably should.
-	Lots of other systems have done this (e.g., Self's Kansas, various
virtual desktop thingies in Unix). This one feels a lot easier to
navigate to me, largely because it's operated directly with the fingers
and a stylus.

--
Craig Latta
composer and computer scientist