Command Key Actions on NT

Torge Husfeldt jean-jacques.gelee at gmx.de
Fri Nov 2 08:56:57 UTC 2001

Hi Bert,
I think you missed the point.
Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Joseph Frippiat wrote:
>
> > OK, it works with an US-American keyboard layout.
> >
> > How to make it work with an other keyboard layout?
> > French(Belgian) would be fine.
>
> Actually my remark was a little bit misleading. Alt-6 should work on any
> PC keyboard layout. What does not work is the more exotic stuff that is
> not a single key on non-american keyboards. Like, Alt-- (minus) works, but
> Alt-= does not because "-" has a key on its own while "=" is shift-0 on a
> German keyboard. Same goes for the nice bracket insertion short cuts.
>
> -- Bert
That is exactly the problem: _All_the_digits_areaccessed_with_shifted
keys_!
(That is on French/Belgian... keyboards). They need all the extra keys
for the
accented charcters. I think someone should really tackle this problem
and set
the Command/Alt/Control/Meta keys stuff on a more stable base.

Regards,
Torge