[BUG] New projects need kickstarting

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Fri Nov 2 23:54:49 UTC 2001

At 14:38 -0400 10/12/01, David N. Smith (IBM) wrote:
>Hi:
>
>I've been creating a lot of new projects (using them as foils in a talk) and have noticed an irritating feature. Every time I open a new one, and dive into it, I can't get menus to work. I discovered that if I press Command-Period (Mac) or the equivalent on Windows, get a walkback, and close the walkback window, then things work.
>
>I'm on the latest updates on 3.1 and usually run Squeak-D3D.exe.
>
>Did I somehow miss an update or something?
>
>Dave

Hi:

I just downloaded 3.2 and it did not have this problem UNTIL I set options my way. I'm appending the options I changed (from scanning the options list) and I hope that something there rings a bell with someone. If not, I guess I'll have to try them one by one.

'
a Preference#higherPerformance true
a Preference#menuButtonInToolPane true
a Preference#soundQuickStart true
a Preference#scrollBarsNarrow true
a Preference#showSharedFlaps false
a Preference#scrollBarsWithoutMenuButton true
a Preference#showProjectNavigator false
a Preference#roundedWindowCorners false
a Preference#inboardScrollbars true
a Preference#decorateBrowserButtons true
a Preference#postscriptStoredAsEPS true
a Preference#projectZoom false
a Preference#optionalButtons true
a Preference#balloonHelpInMessageLists true'

Anyone hear any bells ringing???

Dave

--
David N. Smith