[celeste] moving from Communicator to Celeste....

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 03:11:06 UTC 2001

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> is widely believed to have written:
>
> > Should there really be a system that does not have procmail?
> Which is.....?

Procmail is a pretty powerful mail filtering program: you've probably
got it on your RedHat box. On SuSE I think it handles all the emails
that the system sends to root.

The man page is, well, standard indigestible but does say:

"There exists an excellent  newbie  FAQ  about  mailfilters
       (and  procmail  in  particular), it is being maintained by
       Nancy McGough <nancym at ii.com> and can be obtained by send­
       ing  a mail to mail-server at rtfm.mit.edu with the following
       in the body:
              send usenet/news.answers/mail/filtering-faq"

so I sent off for it. You never know.......

Cheers

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep