Downloading Squeak News (was:Re: A Review of SqueakNews)

Editor - Squeak News editor at squeaknews.com
Sat Nov 3 16:03:38 UTC 2001

Hello fellow Squeakers,

Please visit http://www.squeaknews.com/download/index.html for pointers to  and Squeak Foundation pages and Randal's mirror to download the first two issues of Squeak News.

It seems that we will only be able to make first 2 issues available for free download for a foreseeable future. We have some distribution problems with one of the articles/demos included in the September issue. Since it is not practical to redo the CDs for free unlimited distribution, and since it would also make the issue lose some of its characteristics if we took that article out it looks like the September issue will never be available for unlimited  distribution as it stands Today.

For the other issues we have made a decision that they should be made available at some stage if there are no impediments, but definitely not before at least a year passes after their release.

Meanwhile we will continue to make selected articles available from within each issue.

To be fair to the the pioneer subscribers who had to pay for the July and August issues their subscriptions will be extended, and the purchasers of these issues will be offered free issues or discounts for subscriptions.

I apologize for the confusion I may have created.

Best Regards
Tansel Ersavas
Squeak News
http://www.squeaknews.com