Smalltalk/X (ST/X) version 4.1.2 license change

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Mon Nov 5 00:59:35 UTC 2001

Frank Gerhardt <news at frankgerhardt.com> wrote:
	> 	or to persons or entities which support any terroristic activity either directly
	> 	or indirectly, any person or entity which is involved with missile
	> 	technology, land mines or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

Sounds as though ST/X may not legally be used in the US or the UK.
(Missiles, land mines.)

I once posted some useful stuff to Usenet many years ago saying that it was
basically free but don't use it for military purposes.  Some nice people
occasionally asked me for help with this stuff.  It was _years_ before I
learned what the word 'Wappenfabrik' in their company name meant...