A Beginner Does Some Morphic Stuff

Ed Heil uncorrected at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 08:45:55 UTC 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:01:38AM +0000, John Hinsley wrote:
> Ed Heil wrote:
>
> //snipped//
>

> > That's cool.  Is that a Self thing kinda?
>
> Sort of: morphic in Squeak was written by John Maloney, one of the guys
> who wrote it for Self.
>
> There's a fair bit of stuff by JM on Squeak/Morphic. One of my
> favourites is his chapter for the new Squeak book
>
> http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/squeakbook/35  and look for
> morphic.final.pdf.
>
> I've not had a chance to look  at your morph yet, but it looks like
> you've grasped it already (something I'm still struggling with ;-)

I wouldn't go that far, but when I said, "wait, putting this in
classes at all is unnecessary and inelegant..." it did feel like I
suddenly understood something that I'd heard people write about but
hadn't quite gotten yet.  Thanks. :)

"A. We're not evil.  B. We're not an empire."
 --Steve Ballmer of Microsoft, lying through his teeth
Ed Heil ....................... uncorrected at yahoo.com