mac alias bug found

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Nov 7 06:57:16 UTC 2001

Ok, perhaps some else can confirm this for me. If you create a folder
and a file, then create an alias of the folder and an alias of the
file and an alias of the alias, then put the alias of the alias into
the alias folder.

Now take your handy squeak image and somewhat latest VM and navigate
down to the  alias of the alias in the alias folder.

Pick that file and see the correct bits? That should work.
Now ask squeak to delete that file.

So which file really gets deleted?

My head hurts...

This is a bug (I think) I tripped over making the squeak VM work with
the OS-X's project builder. Mmm SUnits are a good thing.

Anyways if someone can email me and let me  know if they see the same
that would be good. I've some memory to stick in a server and some
thinking about how to fix this issue to do. (hint to self back up
server first).

hint the alias of the alias file in the alias folder should get deleted, no?