SWIKI runs an applet

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 14:58:59 UTC 2001

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl wrote:

> The strangest thing is that if you visit the original page directly
> everything around the applet works, but on your local swiki-page it fails:
> So it is this time not Bill.

Yes. Mind you, looking at the source code, it does seem as though three
classes have been put together as one. There are some really complicated
applets knocking about. I've got one which uses 11 .class files, plus an
image and a sound directory! I'll see if I can get that to work.

But the LeastSquares one won't even run properly locally: I get no error
messages, and you can see the "background" of the graph plot and even
put the points on it. But when you go to the calculate button, nothing
happens. It's almost as though the server is handling some part of the
process.

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211