LabRat

Philip Knodle pknodle at bu.edu
Wed Nov 14 08:44:54 UTC 2001

Ned Konz wrote:

>On Monday 12 November 2001 11:40 pm, Philip Knodle wrote:
>

>What do you mean by "it doesn't work"? First, have you loaded the whole thing
>(it doesn't come with Squeak)? As I recall I loaded a project and a few
>change sets, though the packaging has probably changed since then.

I was running an old image.  I updated, and it works.   Whoops...

>>2) I need to figure out how do streaming.  I want to stream over a
>>collection of numbers that
>>aren't on the the machine yet.  I made a direct subclass of Stream, but
>>I had to change the new method to not throw an error.  I don't know if
>>this is what I should do.
>>

>You may want to look at subclassing ReadStream instead, and overriding
>pastEndRead to read one or more new numbers into your stream's collection
>(which should be an Array for the minimum work).

Yeah, this is a good idea.  I'll refactor my code now that I have the
refactoring browser working.
I should have been more precise with my question.  I needed to change
the implementation of Stream new from

Stream new
self error:'Streams are created with on: and with:'

Stream new
^ super new

Since I'm a relative newbie, I'm hesitant to change things like this.  I
want to reuse the Streams
class, but I also want to keep this sort of change to a minimum.

--
Happy Hacking
Phil Knodle