A Squeak PDA

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 14 16:06:01 UTC 2001

John.Maloney at disney.com is widely believed to have written:

> I'd have no objection to using Linux on my iPaq, but I've had no reason
> to switch. The WinCE VM works nicely and supports everything I need,
> including sound input and output, wireless networking cards, etc. (Linux
> on the iPaq may also support these things, although I suspect that there
> would be some lag before driver for new kinds of cards would be available
> for Linux.).
The other important point is that the gcc for arm-linux is currently
about as useful for compiling a vm as a chocolate teaspoon is for
stirring tea. The floating point stuff is in a wierd state whereby you
cannot use the optimiser if you use float operations:-(

It's one bug m$ hasn't got around to yet.

tim

Useful random insult:- Wasn't fully debugged before being released.