AlignmentMorph behaviour

David Duke D.Duke at bath.ac.uk
Wed Nov 14 16:46:55 UTC 2001

Sorry if I've missed something obvious in the classes: I'm a comparative
beginner with Squeak and Morphic....

When I create an AlignmentMorph (I was following the example from John
Maloney's "An Introduction to Morphic ..." chapter), and then scale it, the
effect is as described in Figure 8: submorphs are distributed evenly in the
space available, however the submorphs do not themselves change size.

However, if I rotate the Morph using its halo, then scale it, the submorphs
seem to become `fixed' into the AlignmentMorph and are scaled as the
AlignmentMorph is scaled.  This behaviour continues even if I rotate it
back to its original orientation.  (It does not occur if the AlignmentMorph
is rotated back to its original orientation without being scaled).

Is this a bug, a feature, or an optimization ;-).

         thanks,
         David

----
Dr David Duke                   Department of Computer Science
                                 University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY
tel:    +44 1225 323 407        United Kingdom
fax     +44 1225 323 493
email:  D.Duke at bath.ac.uk       web:   http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masdad/