Piccola: A language written in Squeak

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 14 18:20:32 UTC 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, [iso-8859-1] Nathanael Sch=E4rli wrote:

[snip]
> > It looks almost like Python and is almost entirely unlike Python :)
>=20
> Also this is right. The syntax of Piccola looks a lot like Python, but th=
> semantics is very different. Have a look at the Piccola Wiki
> (http://scgwiki.iam.unibe.ch:8080/SCG/10). There you can find some
> documentation and information.

Yep, been there. Did a bit of minor editing to the syntax page (some
headers got munged).

Right now, I can't get a stepper window to pop up. I load one of the
examples into a Piccola enviroment editor window thingy, hit execute and
it stops on the halt, but pops up a pink explorer window, rather than a
white one (current thread?) with stepping buttons. I did manage to open of
of those up on the same interpreter, object, and context, I think, but
then the stepping buttons didn't seem to work.

Still, it all looks very interesting!

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.