Bug tracking

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Nov 14 19:55:28 UTC 2001

Kevin Fisher <kgf at golden.net> wrote:
[SNIP of other bugtracking systems etc]
> And of course, there's Bugzilla...http://bugzilla.mozilla.org
> This one is a beast to configure and get working...I ended up getting
> frustrated with it and moved on to WREQ.
>
> Ideally, for tracking bugs on an internet-based project like Squeak
> an email and web interface would be ideal.  WREQ does this, as does Bugzilla.

Don't forget JitterBug. It is very simple, only demands Apache as a
prereq, is easily
hackable (I have added a bunch nice features to it) uses email and web
in a neat way.

I have earlier offered to set one up (I managed a JitterBug installation
at a customer) so just give me the word. I could even do it just to play
with for starters - no charge. :-)

But I would like to have Doug's "approval" of that first (and others of
course) since
I consider him to be the "The Dude" when it comes to bug tracking. Yes,
I know we talked
about it on OOPSLA but since you guys keep bringing this up... ;-)

And then when we have JitterBug in place that works it will be SUPER
EASY to bring JitterBug's reports (since they are just simple files)
into a future would-be
Squeak-we-just-can't-help-writing-our-own-because-we-love-doing-tutti-in
-Squeak-bug-tracking-system. :-)

Just say the word.

regards, Göran

PS. And when I have it working I can always chat with Cees and we can
move it onto a  Squeakfoundation server. I will even throw in a nice
howto. :-) DS

PSS. Ok, it's late and I have got to run - so this one is a silly tip to
Smalltalk-newbies
making you look like pros:
<CSOTD>
"Just because it is faster to write than 'self halt' - you save 3 keys!"
0 halt
</CSOTD>
DSS