Learning to play with images, videos, ...

Leo Burd leoburd at media.mit.edu
Wed Nov 14 20:23:51 UTC 2001

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the Squeak environment and I need some assistance in a project that
I'm trying to implement.  The goal is to display a couple of videos, still
images, and maybe text lines rotating and changing size on the screen.  I
suspect it is not too hard to implement this sort of thing.  However, after a
good time playing with eToys, I couldn't figure out how to proceed.  Would
anybody volunteer to help?

Here are my questions:

* How to change the frequency of the clock ticks?  I'd like to minize the
flickering in the image movement

* Is it possible to make images transparent?  I'd like to see a combination of
them whenever they overlap...

* How can I change the shape an image is displayed?  For instance, I'd like to
display a picture as an elipsis or as a triangle

* What would I have to do if I had a video instead of an image in the
questions above?

* Is this list the right place to ask questions like these?  Where else would
I find anwers for them?

Thank you very much,

Leo