[updates] 36 for 3.2alpha

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Nov 15 02:38:30 UTC 2001

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> > 4501PluggableListOfMany-tpr -- tim at sumeru.stanford.edu -- 8 October 2001
> > A simple extension to the Pluggable List{Morph|View}OfMany classes to make the set/get of the list of selections pluggable. This allows multiple multilple-selection-lists on the same model without ugly interactions.
> If anyone can think of less ugly method names for creating these, feel
> free to suggest them. I was seriously short on literary inspiration that
> day.

One thing I wouldn't mind doing to these classes is renaming them to something like PluggableMultiSelectListMorph, or perhaps just MultiSelectListMorph.  I think the term "multi-select" is pretty well recognized, and better describes what they do.

The first few times I saw the PluggableListMorphOfMany class, I thought maybe "OfMany" meant that it supported really long lists, like Lex's LargeLists class, not that it supported multi-selection.

(As far removing "Pluggable" from the name, I could go either way.  PluggableMultiSelectListMorph would be quite long, though, and it's probably sufficient to note that one of its superclasses is Pluggable... most subclasses of PluggableTextMorph don't have "Pluggable" in the name.)

Would anyone object to renaming these?

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com