[PWS] problems with uploading in comswiki1.1 (win network)

Baveco, Hans J.M.Baveco at Alterra.wag-ur.nl
Thu Nov 15 11:08:30 UTC 2001

(As the pws list bounces, I post this question here ...)

Hi, finally upgrading my swikis on the intranet from swiki beta 11 to Swiki
1.1, I could not get the uploading facility working.
On beta11 I always got the error window "Cannot find server or DNS Error"
when uploading something, but the actual upload did succeed nonetheless and
the file showed up in the list of uploads after refreshing the view.
However, on 1.1 I get the same error window, but uploading is NOT succesful.
This is on a microsoft NT network. The problems occur irrespective of
whether the server runs on a NT4 or Win2000 machine, and both with uploading
to the swiki server disk (with the default settings) or a remote disk.
Uploading from the local host does work mostly, but not when the swiki is
run as a service.

Anyone else encountered these problems? I suspect they occur on any windows
network, except of course if it is the result of me using the wrong
settings.

Hans