Sorting help!

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Nov 15 13:48:35 UTC 2001

Hi!

I am posting this on behalf of Christopher K Roach <ceeckr at cee.hw.ac.uk>
(or chrisroach at btinternet.com) (Ha! No <CSOTD> for this!):
------------------------------------

It would be useful if anyone could help me with a sorting algorithm
that I am stuck on.

I am looking for efficient algorithm for processing research purposes

My input file will be of the format

Sort would have to do in ascending order of

this is to say:

IF <title1>=<title2> THEN
order by <name>: IF <name1>=<name2> THEN
order by <ref>: IF <ref1>=<ref2> THEN
order by <number>

This is a research project that is concerned with image processing, I
think my
problem with sorting data for a report is best tackled with smalltalk.
I have
to really use smalltalk anyway for various integration reasons.  I am
new to
smalltalk so if anyone could possibly help me I would be glad to include
them
personally in the reference section of the research report that will
eventually
be put forward to the scottish parliament (well hopefully).