Assignation

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sun Nov 18 01:46:48 UTC 2001

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Benoit St-Jean wrote:

> I want to be able to use ":="  instead of the "_" for
> assignation.  Where can I set this preference in
> Squeak ?

Er...you shouldn't need to set a preference. := is valid Squeak Smalltalk.

> P.S.  I used to be able to use the := but, for some
> strange reason, it does not work since I crashed...  :(

Do you mean you want to *display* all assignments using :=?

If you're browsing with pretty print, any ":="s you type in will show up
as "_"s. But that doesn't change the actuall source. AFAIK, there's no
preference to reverse this display bit, but you can easily modify
AssignmentNode>>printOn:indent:. Just change the ' _ ' to ' := ' in the
second to last line.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.