[GOODIE] A2Emulator

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Wed Nov 21 02:16:08 UTC 2001

At 10:38 20.11.2001 -0800, Duane Maxwell wrote:
>I'm suprised you got something illegal - the BBS7 instruction is a 65C02
>instruction, but the ROM specified is for a II+, which used a 6502.  Perhaps
>some other instruction is busted.

Hmm, maybe.  A ROM listing would be helpful, but I'll see if I can trap on
the previous instruction(s).

OTOH, maybe it's something in my image -- feel free to try HPLOT TO 10,10
in a freshly powered-up emulator, and see what you get.

> > That is, a combination of INC and SBC (sometimes called "ISB").
>
>Actually, BBSn zp, adr is BranchOnBitSet, which tests bit n of the zeropage
>location zp, and branches to relative address adr if it's set.

Agree on the 65C02.  On the bare 6502 though, it was indeed an undocumented
instruction with the described effect, IIRC.  I'll have to dust off my
SYM-1 to run some real tests.

>Note also that this stuff is painfully close to Slang....

Sure made me move up my PDP-8 emulator a couple of notches on the task
list. ;-)

Cheers,
Helge

P.S. All this on the same day that I learnt that the CP/M-80 sources are
disclosed at <http://www.cpm.z80.de/index.html>...