A survey of OSs used by Squeakers

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 01:57:17 UTC 2001

Just a little survey. It won't solve anything (the best arguments are
those carried on regardless of the facts!) but may tell us something
about Squeakind.

For me it's a way of trying to resolve Mark's statement that most of his
students use Linux and Maarten's assertion that 90% of Squeakers use
Windows with my own gut feeling that Mac users are very well represented
on this list and that while Windows users outnumber Linux users, it's
not by much.

Of course Squeak is an OS......

Anyway, anyone who wants to take part in this non-definitive survey,
please reply to this *_off list_* (to me, that is) just putting the
letter to correspond to the OS they predominently use to run Squeak in
the body of the message. And I'll try to collate the results by this
time next week.

a.	Mac
b.	OSX
c.	BSD
d.	Linux
c.	Other *nix
d.	Acorn (hi Tim!)
e.	Windows
f.	OS2
g.	PS2

If you feel that your OS/platform of choice has been cruely neglected,
just tell me what you're using.

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211