[BUG] async file class test routine

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Nov 25 04:16:42 UTC 2001

In some of my testing for long file names and because of the rewrite
of the macintosh file path logic I've discovered that the async file
logic has a wee bug. In all other file interfaces you supply a full
path name for the open logic primitive. This is done either directly
by you or by the open logic ensuring you have a full path name.

But the async file logic it will accept a partial path and because
the C code was different it then would create the file in the working
directory. However this is wrong. This change set fixes the 'test'
method that breaks when we revert the async file open logic to the
same logic used by the non-async file logic, reducing the number of
places paths are mangled is a key consideration in this work effort.

Existing applications that use the async file logic should still work
because of course the primitive *is* documented as needing a full
path name.