XML Parser choice (was Re: [ENH] ??? MD5 in Squeak.)

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Tue Nov 27 07:11:39 UTC 2001

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Duane Maxwell wrote:
> [snip]
> > I also think that we should choose one of the extant XML parsers as well and

> You're probably right.

Right. ;-)

> Let me put in a word for the VisualWorks one...it's probably the most
> complete. It would let us share work with the VisualWorks and the Camp

The reason I started the YAX project was that the VW port at that time
didn't work and, at least in my perception, was ugly (not the fault of
the porters!!) and huge.

At some point Duane's and my parser were actually pretty similar, but I
must confess I would need to take a closer look at the current versions
to see how much effort it would be to merge the implementations.

Maybe we should agree on a Squeak native (lean mean DTD skipping, SAX)
parser and point to the VW port for applications that need the more
complete implementation the VW port offers.

Michael