XML Parser choice (was Re: [ENH] ??? MD5 in Squeak.)

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Tue Nov 27 16:32:01 UTC 2001

Lex,

> > Maybe we should agree on a Squeak native (lean mean DTD
> skipping, SAX)
> > parser and point to the VW port for applications that need the more
> > complete implementation the VW port offers.
> >

> >From an outsider's perspective, this seems like a really strange
> strategy.  Code size isn't a terribly big deal -- the thing the Squeak
> community is most constrained by is programmer time.

Code size isn't but complexity is. Usually these two go hand in hand and
therefore it's no strange argument at all. In fact I'd argue that programmer
time is (in this particular case) mostly dictated by the complexity involved
in the parser itself - most people will want to do pretty simple stuff.

Cheers,
  - Andreas