Weather maps?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 28 05:45:41 UTC 2001

"Duane Maxwell" <dmaxwell at san.rr.com> is widely believed to have written:

> Other cool web-data-driven toys could include "where's the International
> Space Station right now" or "where are the latest earthquakes happening".
> At exobox we also talked about expanding on the fast sphere rendering code I
> posted a while back to act as a directory for webcams and other geographic
> kinds of stuff.
Ashcroft and his evil cronies would love that as a UI to make spying on
everyone that bit easier. Imagine, a globe with a little marker for
every one of the six (or so) billion of us - constantly updated with the
latest info from shopping mall security cameras, ATM records, spy
satellite shots, police traffic cameras, and all those other little
magical devices that exist to 'make us safer'.

What, me, cynical? Never.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Ventis secundis, tene cursum. = Go with the flow.