[BUG][Etoy] Can't set scaleFactor on Morph/Player

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Nov 28 20:49:34 UTC 2001

Hi, Jerry,

Please say more about how this error happened.  How did you "try to
set the scaleFactor..."?

Was it through a viewer or tile scriptor in the etoy system?

I've just tried setting scaleFactors manually (from an etoy viewer)
and programatically (from an etoy scriptor) for various objects in a
3.2a system and all appeared to be well.

Or perhaps you wrote direct Smalltalk code using a Scriptor in
"textual mode," in which you sent a message (perhaps #scale: or
#scaleFactor:) to some object, perhaps self, which you reasonably
expected should respond to it?

(If that's the case, note that the "self" of the etoy script is a
Player object and that the protocol for setting the scaleFactor is
#setScaleFactor:.)

Or perhaps you were manually sending #scale: to some object from an
Inspector???

Cheers,

   -- Scott